Aug 10, 2013

How to Design a Card with Lesley Croghan

Lesley here, and I am excited to share how I was inspired to create a card adding texture.


Nicole has asked me to share some ideas on how to "start" a card design. Today I am going to chat about adding texture to your card! I used a burlap sheet and die cut it with a Spellbinder die. I was excited to use the new Dia De Los Muertos and the Baby Love sets.


Image 1

Image 1

My card is a more feminine take...I used some burlap, a die cut, pearls and some pattern papers to create a fun and feminine vibe. Simple and sweet, this card took almost no time to put together!! I dug out my burlap paper and some pattern paper from my paper "stash" and was inspired to play along with the Use What You Have Challenge!!


Here is a photo of just "some" of my paper stash...yes, I LOVE paper...LOL! 
You need to take a photo of your "stash" to play along with the Use What You Have Challenge.



Now it is your turn to share a project with us and I cannot wait to "see" YOUR stash!!!

Come and play along with the Use What You Have Challenge!!! Dig out some goodies from your stash and join in the fun!!!



AND...

There is a design team call on!!! Woot! Come and join the team! Make sure you send in your application!!! 

>>>>>>>>>>WELL HERE YA GO<<<<<<<<<<


And if you are interested in being a Sweet Stamp Shop designer, there is still time to apply. Check out all the details HERE. You will have until the 15th to apply!
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I love how you made the burlap look so feminine! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I like the use burlap and the colors.

    An'Jenic-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Lesley how you can make something that looks so involved super simple. Love a glimpse at your paper stash, makes me feel a bit less guilty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card Lesley, love the burlap!! Awesome paper stash you have there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE your card Lesley - FAB colours, FAB texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card! fabulous paper stash:)

    ReplyDelete